Your question answered:
What do you consider to be a good breakfast?
Thank you for your question, a good breakfast is one that contains:
- some good quality low glycaemic load carbohydrates, for example oats, quinoa, pumperknickle bread, rice, millet, sprouted grains,
home made or good quality breads (spelt or ancient grain, heavy, wheat free, preservative free), additive and preservative free, fresh
fruit, vegetable juice.
- some good quality protein for example nuts, seeds, eggs, nut butter, hummus, beans, LSA mix, organic natural yoghurt
Some examples of a good breakast might be:
- Muesli (rolled oats, walnuts, raisins, ground cinnamon, puffed millet, dried coconut, mixed seeds or LSA mix)
- Pumperknickle toast with almond butter (or nut butter- not peanut butter)
- Rye toast with poached or boiled egg
- Fruit salad with a tablespoon of seeds and two tablespoons of natural organic yoghurt
A high carbohydrate, refined breakfast will leave you sleepy or hungry soon afterwards so avoid white toast and jam, or high GI bread and honey, tinned fruit in syrup, cereals like cornflakes and cocopops and rice crispies if you want sustained energy, good concentration and to be fuller for longer.
For more information about breakfast, why not read this post which details some of the benefits of breakfast and why it is such an important way to start your day.
- A Soft Drink a day Keeps Good Behaviour Away
- Best Medicine for ... just about everything
- Low Calorie Diet Meal Plan
- Think carefully about what you want, when you say "weightloss"
- Low GL diet
- All calories are not created equal
- What is glutamine and why is it beneficial
- Chocolate, Cheese, Meat and Sugar are Addictive!
- You are more beautiful that you think you are
- The Best Video I have ever seen on Breast Awareness featuring HOT GUYS